*(What do you call these things, anyway? I was under the impression they were called “memes,” but I looked it up and the definitions didn’t seem to match. Whatever. This is one of those things where people post their answers to some kind of survey or question and tag other people to do the same. Except that WordPress doesn’t have a people-tagging feature as far as I know, so I’m opting out of that part.)
I was tagged by my brother on Facebook, and since I don’t have any better ideas for posts right now, here you go.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 17 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 17 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. I’m an information packrat. I save EVERYTHING.
2. The four things I fear the most are being alone, failure, the unknown, and death, in that order.
3. I consider myself a feminist but sometimes I hate being female.
4. I do a halfway decent duck impression.
5. I am the most metatextually aware thinker that Zac knows, which I would argue is a fancy way of saying that I think too much, although that’s not really what he means by it.
6. I get motion sick really, really easily, which is unfortunate in a city as hilly as San Francisco.
7. I have kept a journal in various notebooks since the summer I turned 14, and I have not stopped writing on a regular basis (at least once a week) for seven years now. This adds up to a lot of paper.
8. I wish more people read this website, but not badly enough to open it to search engines. (Yet.)
9. I would often prefer to suffer and consequently resent the people around me, than to advocate for myself at the risk of inconveniencing them. I recognize that this is bad.
10. I acknowledge that I am weird, but at the same time I don’t like it when people feel the need to point it out constantly. Why state the obvious?
11. My favorite band for years was Counting Crows. I’m not sure what it is right now.
12. I have never been an extrovert and probably never will be. I am not exactly okay with this.
13. I was on the synchronized swim team in high school. There were no tryouts, so that doesn’t necessarily imply that I was good at it…
14. If I could have three wishes today, I would wish for teleportation, for the ability to fly, and for the ability to relive memories as my present self—both my memories and other people’s. An invention akin to the pensieve would do nicely.
15. The first cd I ever bought was the Newsies soundtrack.
16. I strive to embrace the hilarity of awkward moments, because otherwise I don’t know how I’d get through life.
17. I collect subways: I’ve been on/in ten so far. My favorite is the Rochester subway, purely because it’s abandoned. My second favorite is London.
So I’m leaving late Saturday night for good ol’ NYS, and I’m dreading the airplanes. Going home should be nice though. I’m looking forward to getting a haircut and seeing my friends and playing the piano. Work this week has been craaaazy. Oh my god. It felt like finals season all over again. I had to send out 215 non-holiday-specific “Happy holidays” cards to all our volunteers, which involved combing the four Walgreens within walking distance multiple times, culminating in my trip this afternoon to procure the one last card that I needed to send out. Every single card they had left said “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” on it. I was on the verge of wishing an attorney “Mazel Tov on your Bat Mitzvah” when at last I spotted a plain old thank-you card that was blank inside: mission accomplished. But seriously. I also had an article due today for the newsletter, and I had to send out individual emails to each law firm requesting the 2008 Clinic statistics for one of our grants, which I had completely forgotten about, plus I had to get my Americorps paperwork filled out before I left for vacation. But somehow I got it all done, with fifteen minutes to spare for drinks in the ED’s office at the end of the day.
Oh, and here, for your listening pleasure, is my most recent song obsession: